GLOKALde , ISSN 2148-7278 , Article 6
TRAINING NEED ASSESSMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE STAFF OF ALLAMA IQBAL OPEN UNIVERSITY, ISLAMABAD
Needs assessment and Human Resource Development are closely lined with each other considering this; the study was undertaken with the objectives of the study: to identify the human resource development needs of administrative staff, analyze training needs of administrative staff, and suggest solutions of the problem for administrative staff and developing a training model for administrative staff. For this purpose a questionnaire was designed on Likert Scale for collection of data. The population of the study consisted on whole administrative staff at AIOU, Main Campus, Islamabad and Regional Campuses/Centers/Offices. The study was descriptive in nature, for the purpose of data collection the questionnaire was delivered personally to the respondents at AIOU, Main Campus, Islamabad and through mail and email to other Regional Campuses/Centers/ Offices. The data was presented in table forms and mean percentages and mean score was calculated.
A finding of the study includes training required:
- Designing Filing System,
- Defining Procedure for Record Retention,
- Computer Advance Level Training,
- Personnel Management
- Using Utilities Software Programs for Administrative Task Completion
- Efficiency and Disciplinary Rules,
- Working with Noisy Equipment,
- Noting and Drafting Procedures and Techniques
- General Financial Rules,
- Performance Evaluation and Quantification of ACRs,
- Legal and Legislative Drafting , (xiii) Supervision,
- Communication and Convincing with Logical Reasoning,
- Maintaining Staff Encouraging Environment and Motivation
- Framing Office Procedures,
- Believe on create good and healthy working environment and
- Planning and Implementing Office System, layout etc.
Under conclusion, it includes that staff need training in Rules and Regulation, communication skills and analytical skill, self-motivation and improving social behavior.
It was recommended that the administrative staff need training to enhance their working capacity and professional skills for smooth functioning of the office. On the basis of finding, the administrative staff should be provide on the job or off the job training opportunities and the University should design courses/programs related to areas highlighted in the finding and launch training programs periodically.